I am applying for the position of Group Merchandizer of Electric Avenue at the Richmond, California (Store #1525) Store.
I have worked for Wards for 16 years; I was hired June 9th 1983, as a part-time associate in Women's Apparel, and I became full time in 1985.
I was moved over to the Kids Department later that same year, working as full time lead for the next 5 years.
My next position was Coffee Shop Manager, for 3 years until the Coffee Shop was closed.
Then I returned to the Kids Department for another 5 years, during which time I worked once a week in the Cash Cage.
Two and a half years ago, I requested to be transfered to Electric Avenue for the experience in another area.
- highly skilled in mathematics
- quick learner
- experience with schedules and some paperwork
- familiarity with store proceedures
- highly skilled in computers, especially windows based systems
- some familirity with current menu driven computer system
- good organization skills
- generally a people person; get along with my co-workers
- good leadership skills
- 30 years experience in poetry and creative writing
- 3 years experience in HTML writing and editing
- 3 years experience managing coffee shop
- 8 years experience as shift leader
- 16 years experience telephone answering
- trained to operate pbx system
EducationInternational Correspondence School-complete course in Computer Assisted Bookkeeping 12/96
Contra Costa College-basics-no degree
Harry Ells High School-Richmond Ca-1978 Graduated top of class
Work ExperienceMontgomery Ward
06/09/83 - current
Day Care Worker
- Retail sales, commission and non-commission, with experience in computers and 10 key
- Writing skills employed in creating memos for employees
- most experience in dealing with the public and
- goal oriented tasks
10/95 - 8/97
- Lead teacher for Friday morning church-based daycare,
- caring for 18 month-3year old children. Leadership skills
- including assigning tasks to other workers.
3/68 - current
- I write poetry and short stories
- and have done sports writing as well
- web published only, to date.
10/96 - to date
- Web page author using pure HTML or a combination
- of HTML and HTML writers.
ActivitiesMember, First Presbyterian Church, Richmond CA 1979-date
alto, church choir, 1979-date
Guitarist, church praise team 1995-date